About Ross Collingwood
Ross founded Vortec Marine Ltd in 2006. He is currently Managing Director of Vortec Marine Ltd and Principal and Managing Director of sister organisations, Vortec Marine Training Ltd & Nautor’s Swan Brokerage UK.
On a day-to-day basis Ross oversees all aspects of the businesses, from business development to project delivery. Ross is very hands-on and still project manages some of the larger marine projects.
Background and experience:
- BSc hons Maritime Environmental Science – Units including Navigation, Meteorology, Oceanography.
- Diploma in Marine Surveying (DipMarSurv, GradIIMS).
- Training Skipper for Clipper Ventures Round The World Yacht Race.
- Former manager of a racing yacht management company.
- Experienced in all aspects of yacht maintenance and repair, including rigging, engineering and GRP repairs.
- Sailing for over 25 years and well in excess of 100,000NM
- Professional Commercially Endorsed Yachtmaster Power & Sail, experienced Skipper and multiple discipline instructor since 2002 inc Sailing, Powerboat, Radar & VHF instructor certs.
- 18 years experience skippering, working onboard, managing and maintaining Oyster Yachts.
- Member of the Honorable Company of Master Mariners.