The MKIII Swan 46 is a desirable model of which few were built. They rarely stay on there market long if they do come up.
A very capable offshore cruiser with classic Swan lines and styling. Ready for her next custodian she is available for viewing close to Warsash on the Hamble River.
Bow seat, bow thruster, safe, air conditioning and heating, awning, bimini, cockpit cushions, removable cockpit table, Fleet Broadband and Global Surfer both connected via in-boat Wifi, large bow locker, dinghy (with storage on coach roof ), outboard, waterelectricity generator etc. Large fuel and water tank capacity provide significant range.
She has a standard fin keel and full teak decking including on the coach roof.
She comes with a considerable quantity of engine, electrical and other spares and equipment.
Timantti has also taken part in various regattas including the Swan Cup in Sardinia, the Voile de St Tropez and recently the Voile de St Barth’s.
She has separate racing sails and equipment and bespoke canvas protective covering for all the interior woodwork while racing.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreation- al Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean” (or Cat B – whichever is appropriate)
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- The hull is of single skin construction using fibreglass reinforced isopolyester laminate with skincoat.
- Multiaxial or unidirectional fires in selected
- Structural bulkheads are of marine plywood laminated to hull and deck with foam strips between.
- Stiffener flanges are unidirectional lay-ups over hollow cores.
- Engine beds are of
- Epoxy barrier coat layers sprayed on bottom, and finished with antifouling.
- Part of the transom folds out manually to form a platform with ladder up to deck, and providing access to the transom storage area
- White hull in gelcoat NGA 9650 with blue stripes 7007
- Bronze sea cocks for all through-hull connections below waterline, finished flush and located in accessible positions
- Deck is of sandwich construction, using multiaxial glass fibre reinforced, isopolyester laminate with low- density closed cell foam core, and is bonded is to the
- High-density core under deck
- Unteaked deck surfaces finished in white
- Stainless steel chainplates,
- In addition the antifouling was removed and bottom repainted, the elk hide steering wheel covers were replaced and a fullservice was carried out in The sail drive seal was replaced in 2011 along with a very full service programme. Work wascompleted at the Swan Service Centre in Villefranche.
Keel & Rudder:
- The keel is lead casting with antimony and carefully finished to accurate shape. Cast-in keel bolts are of high-tensile stainless steel.
- Rudder of foam filled GRP with tapered hi-tensile stainless steel stock, supported by two self-aligning
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Volvo Penta 53hp at 3000 rpm with
- Wet exhaust system with fibreglass silencer,
discharge at transom.
- Engine space internally sound insulated, fire resistant
meeting SOLAS B-15 requirements.
- Thermostat-controlled fresh water cooling with heat exchanger on engine.
- A separate heat exchanger for the consumable fresh water is included in the same circuit thus making hot water available whenever the engine is running.
- Seawater intake with strainer. Discharge through ex- haust system.
- Fuel filter/water separator with water alarm and shut off valve on feed line to engine.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Timantti’s machinery is serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Two 05m stainless wheels with Elkhide cover (replaced 2012), 1.8 turns H.O to H.O
- Composite pedestals with roller bearings, brake and crash bar.
- Emergency tiller stowed in
- Helmsman’s seat and pushpit can be opened for convenient access to platform.
- Saildrive with Flex-0-Fold 3-blade folding
- Maxpower VIP 150 bow thruster replaced 2016
- 1 x 240 volt outlet in aft cabin
- Voltage stabiliser for
- 24v 528Ah (20 hour) gel cel service
- Larger battery capacity 440 Ah at 5 hours gel cell in lieu of 242 Ah standard.
- The engine has its own AGM starting battery 50 Ah
- Batteries located in ventilated GRP
- The service batteries are charged by a heavy duty alternator with Three step regulation on the main en- gine, with a 115A alternator for the starting batteries
- 110A service
- 60A starting
- Watt&Sea hydrogenerator (2013)
- Shore power inlet with six outlets and battery charger Mass 24/50a Inverter.
- For lighting protection the headstay, backstay, main shroud chain plates and mast step are grounded to ballast keel bolts with heavy cable.
- Mass Sine 24/2,500 VA including transfer
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Hot and cold water pressure
- Hot water tank capacity 40 ltr (10.5 US gallons).
- The consumable water can be heated either with engine cooling water, or optionally with a heating element working on AC.
- Galley sinks and washbasins drained through sea
- Washbasin and shower trays drained with electrical pumps to sea cocks.
- Outlets above
- Sea water spout in galley with foot pump
- Two manual Whale Titan 100 /tr/min (26 US gallons) bilge pumps.
- One electric bilge pump
- Fuel capacity 344 Itr (90.8 US gallons) in three stainless steel tanks with gauges.
- One filler line with strainer and tank selector manifold
for all tanks.
- Water capacity 500 tr (132.0 US gallons) in tanks with
- Water tanks of stainless steel provided with baffles,
inspection cover, sounding plug and vent pipe.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- 2x Gas tanks, including securing arrangements and pressure regulator.
- Removable transom mounted antennae post in white painted carbon with arms for emergency VHF and fax aerials, radar and fleet broadband.
- Two SUUNTO 5” magnetic compasses, balanced for both northern and southern hemisphere, on steering
- One Quartz clock on bulkhead plus barometer
- B & G and G Hydra cruise
- FFD at nav
- Speed and depth
- 2 x non NMEA FFD displays on either side of
- 360 wind on stb side
- 45 magnified on port
- 3 x B and G 20/20 displays on
- FFD display on port
- Furuno NavNet VX2 1834C C-MAP colour radar and
- LCD flat screen at nav
- 7” display mounted on stb pedestal showing radar and plotter.
- Furuno FAX-30 weather navtex receiver
- Raymarine RAY240E DSC VHF with second waterproof handset.
- Fleet Broadband
- Sailor SC4000 Iridium marine phone (not connected at present) replaced by
- B and G Hydra 2000 pilot with fluxgate compass and
- Sony CD/DVD/MP3 player with B&W speakers in saloon.
- Outlet for
- LCD screen to be used for DVD and for Furuno radar
- Poly Planar loudspeakers in cockpit
- Emergency VHF
- USB converter for connecting a laptop to instruments and phone at chart table.
- Stowage locker for buyers supplied
- KVH Sat phone Fleet Broadband 250 (2013).
- NAIS400 AIS System (2013).
- Wifi system for FB250, Globesurfer and NMEA
- Stainless steel three-burner gas stove with oven and
grill, gimballed and provided with fiddles.
- Battery driven refrigeration unit with thermostat control for refrigerator.
- 60 tr top loading fridge with thermostat to allow freezer use
- Hot and cold deck
- Forward head has Y valve for overboard or holding tank discharge.
- TECMA “Easyfit” electric toilet (2013) with salt water flushing in forward, original manual unit in aft heads.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Natural ventilation in cabins with Dorade
- Openable deck hatches and
- Electric fans in forward and aft
- Exhaust blowers in galley and
- Webasto Blue Cool premium 30,000 BTU air condi- tioning with 13,000 in saloon, 6,000 in fore cabins and 4,000 in aft cabins with temperature controls in all
- 12 volt watertight outlet at mast for anchor
- Tricolour light at mast head, steaming light, deck light, spreader light, windex light, bow and stern navigation lights, separate anchor light.
- Blue led lights at floor
- Boom light with dimmer and separate
- Dimmer for saloon
- Berth reading lights Cantalupi (upgrade from standard).
- Cantalupi Tony lights in saloon and forward cabin (upgrade from standard).
- Separate anchor
- Anchor light with cable and
Summary of Accommodation:
- Lewmar Medium Profile recessed deck
- Four fixed coaming
- Openable coming portlights – in port and starboard aft cabin, aft head and galley.
- Three portlights from port and starboard aft cabin to
- Main companionway lockable sliding hatch of tinted acrylic with sliding drop board.
- Mosquito screens for deck hatches and
- Teak with hand rubbed satin finish is used for the
- Teak and holly cabin sole
- Teak slats on hull side in saloon, aft cabins and owners
- Plastic protection
- Overhead lined with removable
- Cabinets, tables, bureaus, seats, dressers etc have rounded corners.
- Doors, partitions and panelling are teak-faced plywood or foam.
- Self-engaging latches with bumpers to hold doors in open Hanging lockers are equipped with rods and hooks, and their doors are provided with louvers.
- Drawers are secured with
- Handrails at entrance, in heads and in cabin over-
- Companionway ladder with non-slip
- All fixed berths have foam mattresses, the fixed berths in the owner’s cabin have foam mattresses over Scandi-Flex battens with mattress toppers for added
- For double berths 5cm (5’), for single berths 7.5cm (3”) mattresses.
- All berths equipped with canvas lee
- Crew covers for saloon and seats
- Fitted sheets for all mattresses
- Stowage for owner’s
- Marine safe with electronic code at aft end of single berth in forward cabin.
Description of layout:
- Owner’s cabin forward, double berth with stowage underneath. Hanging lockers and drawers and single third berth on the starboard side.
- Saloon with L-shaped settee and table port side, settees and navigation desk with drawers, lockers
- Two removable
- Galley to starboard side with 3-burner stove, front loaded refrigerator and top loaded freezer/fridge. Counter tops in Corian.
- Aft cabin on port side, double berth with stowage under. Large hanging Curtains for windows and ports.
- Aft cabin on starboard side with double berth with windows and Large hanging locker. Curtains for windows and ports
Forward cabin has single berth on stb side in lieu of vanity unit. Both forward berths have headboards.
Double berth in additional stb aft cabin Locker with bottle stowage in saloon Additional Stainless steel handrail in saloon Canvas cover for saloon table
Sliding doors in galley black, (not silver as standard) Stainless plate rack in galley locker
- The is mast is stepped through the deck onto composite mast step.
- Headstay recessed for under-deck
- Harken lead blocks for halyards, lifts, reefing and
main sheet at mast partners.
- The lines are led aft below deck to clutches in front of the halyard winches.
- Main sheet led further aft both
- Harken aluminium jib sheet tracks and
- Gennaker sheet blocks each side on aft
- Gennaker tack line block on stem, line led aft below
- Attachment in cockpit for mainsheet block, tack point for staysail on foredeck.
- 2 x Additional pad eyes in
- Spars built of extruded aluminium alloy sections painted white.
- Double spreader 15/16 fractioned rig with discontinu- ous shrouds, and 20 degree swept spreaders.
- Mast of oval section, with external
- Tapered and welded masthead with two jib and one main halyard sheave.
- Two spinnaker
- Internal wiring secured to
- Neoprene mast boot with Dacron cover over deck
- Standing rigging of round Navtec rod replaced 2021
- C550 rigging screws with stainless covers for main
- Headstay with toggles at upper and lower
- Boom of oval section with internal outhaul led to deck, Double ended main sheet led forward along boom. and arranged for two single line reefs led to cockpit.
- Hydraulic boom vang with high-pressure
- Hydraulic tensioners for backstay
- Single gauge System 50 central control panel in aft
- Running rigging colour coded Spectra and
- Main halyard with screw shackle, jib halyards, two spinnaker halyards with snap shackles.
- Recessed Harken jib furler with furling line led below deck to cockpit utility winch.
- 3 x Folding mast
- Block and cleat for burgee
- Antal 40 trysail
- Antal 50 mainsail track with bolt rope
- Carbon fibre spinnaker
- Carbon fibre jockey
- Track and tackle on main
- Spinnaker sheets, guys and downhaul
- Deck chocks for spinnaker and jockey
- 2 x Lewmar 54 CEST (chrome electric, self tailing) electric primary winches in lieu of 54 CST
- 2 x Lewmar 50 CST electric
- Main halyard winch Lewmar 48 CEST in lieu of stand- ard with teak frame in saloon overhead.
- Four winch handles
Sails (All Sails are by North):
- Cruising main, 3DL 680 19,600 Dpi, 2010
- Furling headsail, 3DL 680 Marathon, 2013
- Storm jib, 2005
- Trysail, 2005
- Further sails supplied
- Separate bathing
- 35mm high teak toe
- Pulpit, pushpit and lifeline stanchions
- 600m high of stainless steel. Spacing conforming to ORC requirements.
- Lifeline gate port and starboard side amidships, and in pushpit.
- 9mm teak on coachroof
- 9mm teak under halyard winches
- Deck fittings for bathing ladder in gate port and
- Brackets on pedestals – radar and plotter on stb side with autopilot and FFD on port side.
- Stainless steel bar in forepeak locker for sheet
- Mug holders on each steering
- In cockpit hinged GRP hatches to lazarette, and to stowage locker with space for life Under helmsmen seat gas bottle locker port side, stowage starboard side.
- GRP stowage locker in cockpit
- Owner’s Manual in English is provided with directions for use and maintenance, drawings and diagrams for main systems andhandbooks for machinery and
- Engine tool
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Mooring cleats and fairleads at bow, stern and mid- ships with teak cleat guards.
- Electric windlass can also be operated manually with standard winch handle.
- Second anchor
- On fore deck hinged anchor well
- 100m of 10mm anchor chain with 3m
- 10m 10mm anchor chain spliced to 50m anchor
- Two 20 kg DELTA
- Mooring lines and
- Four air
- Boat hook stowed in anchor
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Covers for steering wheels and instrument pedestals
– Pacific blue Sunbrella.
- Cockpit cushions – Pacific
- 40cmx40cm folding
- Sprayhood with removable side extensions Pacific
Blue with cover to match.
- Bimini top for aft part of cockpit Pacific
- 2 x canvas bags for
- Cockpit table
- Removable teak seat in
Tender & Outboard:
- Outboard bracket on
- Teak mounts for stowing Avon type rib either inflated or deflated with cover and or zip bag.
- Avon rib with 6hp outboard engine with covers and
- Two jackstays of webbing for side decks, one double for cockpit.
- Safety belts for navigator and
- 2 x six person Ocean Safety liferafts – require service
- Lifebuoys, Jonbouy and danbuoy with light drogue and heaving line
- Fixed fire extinguisher in engine space with release
handle at companionway.
- Portable extinguishers in interior, one in galley, one
- Fire blanket in Electric spare parts.